JSConf Colombia's CFP is open from Mar 25th to Jun 20th
About the event
Speakers will be provided with a projector, a wireless lapel microphone and a screen
for their presentation (size depends on the room). Speakers should bring any equipment
they need to connect to projectors (VGA). It is also suggested that you reduce your
dependency on the in-house internet connection as possible.
When the Call for Papers closes, the organizers will sort through the submissions, making
their selections. Speakers will be notified as soon as the selection process has been completed.
This is how we will select the proposals:
- Originality of the talk. We really want to offer the best content, we don't want the same talks given by the same people. Feel free to give it a creative and out of the box touch.
- Topic and content driven. It doesn't matter who you are, what we'll take in to account will be the topic and description of your talk or workshop.
- We will have two rounds of voting. The team in charge of the selection of the speakers will be published here
- all voting will be done in the blind (meaning, we will anonymize all proposals so judges can't know who submitted what)
- All will be rated from 0 to 10. Then the top 10 will be rated from 0 to 5.
- Workshops won't be mixed with talks. So don't worry, if you send a proposal for a workshop, you will only compete between workshop, and viceversa.
What do Speakers get?
- Full conference pass
- All expenses paid, flights (on a reasonable budget, depending origin), accommodation and daily stipend for food and others.
- If you are a new parent (1 yr old or less), we will do our best to provide transportation and accommodation for your S.O.
- If required, we can make suggestions for child-care and will cover all costs.
- The opportunity to impact the lives of over a hundred developers in a developing nation who have had very little chances to attend a software development conference
- 2 Free Conference Tickets (yourself and a guest) If you have already purchased tickets, we can't reimburse them but will help you transfer them to another attendee
- Speakers Dinner An excellent time in the city of eternal Spring (we're still figuring out where to take you out)
- We'll pick you up and drop you off to/from the airport so you don't have to worry about it.
What do local workshoppers get?
- We'll be approving workshop expenses on a case by case basis, ideally we can provide the above for everyone as long as our budget permits.
Tips for Submission
We strongly encourage potential speakers to submit more than one submission on more than one topic. The
more submissions you contribute, the more options you give us to pick you. Be sure your talk title and abstract
define the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from the session. In previous
years, some submissions sounded interesting but we just didn't have enough detail for them to make the final cut.